Gary Platt Manufacturing (GPM) offers a limited warranty on each product it manufactures either new or refurbished for a period of one year from date of shipment, to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and maintenance. Under this warranty, any product proven to be defective shall be repaired or replaced at our option, free of charge, provided it is returned as directed.
In addition, the following items (not including refurbished product) are covered within GPM’s limited warranty at no additional charge:
- Foam: Gary Platt warrants that the foam will keep its original shape, elasticity and comfort for a period of five (5) years.
- Wood: Gary Platt warrants that the wood will maintain its structural integrity for a period of five (5) years.
- Understructure and back bar: Gary Platt warrants that the frame will be free from structural defects including all welds for a period of ten (10) years.
- Gas cylinders and swivels: cylinders and swivels carry a two (2) year warranty.
Due to the varying natures of upholstery materials, Gary Platt manufacturing does not warrant the quality or durability of upholstery materials whether supplied by GPM or the customer (com). GPM will work on the customer’s behalf to negotiate any warranty claims and will extend any manufacturer’s approved warranty to the customer, (copies of manufacturers warranty available upon request for selected fabrics).
In no case shall liability under this warranty exceed the original purchase price of the defective merchandise. We reserve the right to inspect the defective item at our premises, by our factory personnel, to establish the cause of the alleged product failure.
This warranty shall not apply to any product which has been repaired or altered by anyone other than GPM personnel in any way as to affect, in our judgment, its stability and durability, nor which has been subject to misuse, negligence, abuse or accident.
GPM’s product line is for indoor use only, and therefore any damage caused by exposure to the elements, such as but not limited to salt-air, is not covered by this warranty. Even where Gary Platt mfg. Was apprised of the final destination of an order, it is not liable under this warranty if the merchandise ordered was exposed to the elements.
This warranty shall not apply to GPM merchandise that has been exposed to harsh or acidic cleaning agents or abrasives.
GPM reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, in materials, dimensions, specifications, equipment, colors, design or prices. Gary Platt mfg. also reserves the right to make such changes at any time without any obligation to make comparable revisions and/or modifications on products manufactured at a previous time.
The cost of field repairs performed by non-GPM personnel will not be reimbursed unless expressly authorized in writing by GPM prior to the repair.
The foregoing warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, and all other obligations or liabilities on its part, and GPM. Neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any other liability in connection with the sale of its products.
Periodic inspection of frames for damage plus required tightening of screws and nuts are recommended. Remove damaged furniture from service immediately.
Care and Cleaning Instructions:
- Step 1: For light soiling, use solution of 10% household liquid soap in warm water, apply with a damp cloth. Rinse with a water-dampened cloth and dry with soft cloth.
- Step 2: For heavy soiling, dampen a soft white cloth with one-to-one (1:1) solution of Formula 409(R) /water. Rub gently. Rinse with a water-dampened cloth and wipe dry.
- Step 3: For more difficult stains, dampen a soft white cloth with solution of household bleach (10% bleach/ 90% water). Rub gently. Rinse with a water-dampened cloth to remove bleach solution and wipe dry.
- For water-based stains, use water-based cleaning agents. For oil-based stains, use mild solvent cleaner.
- Solution of 10% household liquid dish soap in warm water, apply with a damp cloth. Rinse with a water-dampened cloth and dry with a soft cloth.