Last updated: July 23, 2021
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Gary Platt website to read web pages or download information, Gary Platt will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. Your web browser software transmits most of this information to us; however, this information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access the Gary Platt website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the Gary Platt website;
- The date and time you access the Gary Platt website;
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents; and
- If you were referred to the Gary Platt website from another website, Gary Platt captures the address of the referring website.
Gary Platt uses this information to make our website more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology visitors use. We do not use information to track or record information about individuals and their visits.
A "cookie" is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it possible for you to use an online "shopping cart" to keep track of items you wish to purchase. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer, which generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Most consumers do not know that "cookies" are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website attempts to place a "cookie" on your computer. Furthermore, our site gives users the ability to turn off cookies when browsing.
Indirect Collection – Third Party Services
We may employ indirect collection of information and cookies using third party services, including, but not necessarily limited to, Google Analytics. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies (both first-party and third-party), IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information. Additionally, we may use Google Analytics demographics and conversion tools. Through these tools and technologies, aggregated and anonymized data related to the demographics and interests of users is collected and utilized to improve our products, services and website. Conversion data allows us to understand whether a user completes a specific task (such as filling out a contact form). The Google Analytics data does not contain personally identifiable information (PII) and cannot be associated with a specific user. You may opt out of all Google Analytics data collection by reviewing your preferences.
Voluntary Personal Information Submission
If you choose to identify yourself by sending Gary Platt an e-mail via the website, some personal data may be collected; however, that data will only be used for limited purposes.
Gary Platt may ask you to voluntarily provide personal information under the following circumstances:
- Gary Platt may ask for, without limitation, items such as your e-mail address and/or phone number in order to contact you about your request.
All of these activities are purely voluntary. You will always have the option of whether to perform the transaction and provide this information.
If you choose to provide Gary Platt with personal information, the requestor will use that information to respond to your message. Gary Platt treats e-mails the same way they treat letters.
- We only share the information you give us with another party if your inquiry relates to that party, or as otherwise required by law.
- Gary Platt does not collect information for commercial marketing. It will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Restrictions On Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Gary Platt will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies, agencies, or people when we have your consent to share the information.
- Gary Platt is not directed to children under 13 and does not knowingly collect personal information from children.
- Gary Platt encourages that parents, guardians or teachers are involved in children’s Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information online.
- Gary Platt does not sell products or services for purchase by children.
- In the event children unknowingly provide information through the Gary Platt website, it is only used to enable us to respond to the writer and not to create profiles of children.
Gary Platt is committed to ensuring the integrity of the information and systems it maintains. As such, Gary Platt has instituted security measures for all information systems under our control in a best effort to ensure that information will not be lost, misused, or altered.
For site security purposes, and to ensure that our Internet services remain available to all users, Gary Platt uses software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
Links To Other Sites
Changes To This Policy
We may revise this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes, we will update this page with a new time stamp at the top. This is a statement of policy and should not be interpreted as a contract of any kind.
Marek Petrilak, CFO
Gary Platt Manufacturing
4643 Aircenter Circle, Reno, NV 89502