Gary Platt Manufacturing will be at WIGA 2016
Gary Platt will be at the Northwest Indian Gaming Association Conference 2016 (WIGA)
Tuesday, June 21. 2016
8:00 AM Conference Registration
9:00 AM Opening Session ~ Welcome, National and Regional Updates
10:15 AM Coffee Break
10:45 AM Breakout Sessions 1) Regulation with Collaboration- How States and Tribes can Work Together Regulations work better in collaboration. This discussion will focus on how regulators and operators work together to ensure successful Tribal gaming. 2) The Personality Test- Is Your Casino Passing or Failing? Is your brand hitting the mark? Is it bringing the people you want in the door? Learn how messaging and can help or hurt your bottom line. NOON Traditional Salmon Dinner Sponsored by the Tulalip Tribes
1:15 PM Breakout Sessions 1) Daily Fantasy Sports- Business Threat or Opportunity? Is there money to be made in Daily Fantasy Sports? What’s going on in other states? Learn the latest on the legal front from the experts. 2) Food and Beverage Roundtable Is your food and beverage a profit center or a business stimulus? Hear how F&B is viewed in the casino by operators and the F&B department. 3) HR- What are New Employees looking for in benefits? As your property hires Millennials, what do they need in a benefits package? Explore ways to tailor benefit packages for your younger employees. 4) The Player Digital Sign-up Experience- Data Acquisition Automation By integrating a casino kiosk with a mobile & email communication platform, a world of possibilities open up and hours of employee time are saved. This panel will uncover how casinos are unclogging the players club lines and get better quality player emails and cell phone numbers into their systems to allow for seamless digital marketing efforts.
3:00 PM Trade Show Opens
4:30 PM Reception on the Trade Show Floor
7:00 PM Trade Show Closes for the first Day
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
9:00 AM Trade Show Opens with Continental Breakfast
9:30 AM Breakout Sessions
- 7) Regulators Roundtable- The Future of Regulation. Does gaming regulation change as gaming operations change? This discussion will look five years and ten years out and discuss where regulation is headed. 8) Tribes and the Ability to Levy Tribal Taxes This panel will discuss different means with which a Tribal Government can capture governmental revenues through taxation and uses of revenue created through those taxes. The panel will include case studies on the pending Tulalip Tribes tax lawsuit and how the Snoqualmie Tribe has successfully began charging a hospitality tax. 9) ID Theft- How Data Breaches Affect Your Employees and Tribal Members Bad things happen to good people. When employees are victims of identity theft, it can affect their entire life. Learn how to protect your organization and your employees. 10) Responsible Gaming- Best Practices What is your perception of responsible gaming? How does your casino handle self-barring? We will discuss how Tribes can be proactive, and how this can affect your employees and players. 11) HR- Health Care Reform and Your data Systems For employers with 50 or more full-time employees (or full-time equivalent), the Affordable Care Act has transformed what was once an annual enrollment event into a monthly process of tracking and reporting extensive data. To comply with the law, various personnel in Tax, Finance, IT, Legal and HR who never had to share data may now need to partner to help avoid costly penalties. Gathering the required data from multiple systems can present a challenge so it will be become even more important for businesses to consider an integrated human capital management solution. Learn how at this panel.
- 10:30 AM Trade Show Coffee Break
- 11:00 AM Breakout Sessions
- 12) Does Skill-based Gaming Make a Casino More Attractive? As Millennials advance into the gaming world, do you need skill-based gaming to make bring them into your casino? Learn how to prepare your property for the Millennials. 13) IT Roundtable IT managers and IT employees come and share ideas and information about what is happening in the Casino IT world. ` 14) Advanced Marketing- Social and Digital Media What is the latest and greatest in social media marketing? What is happening in digital media? Hear from our panel about upcoming trends. 15) F&B- To Outsource or Not? For smaller properties, it might be better to outsource your F&B outlets. This panel will look at franchising and leasing options for better management and accountability of your F&B operation.
- Noon Lunch on the Expo Floor
- 2:00 PM Trade show closes final day
- 2:00 PM Breakout Sessions
- 16) Security and Surveillance Roundtable Join a discussion with other security and surveillance departments about current issues and hot topics your departments are facing. 17) The Gray Market of Gaming This session will look at other areas of gaming from card rooms to amusement games and what these types of games mean to your property. 18) IT- Getting all Systems Synchronized and Communicating Whether you are using Scientific Games, Everi or Micros, how do you get all IT systems working together to get the data you need? This panel will discuss ways to make it happen.